PVC Single-ply Roofing membranes
Since its introduction over 45 years ago, single-ply roofing membranes have been growing in popularity as the alternative to bituminous torch on felt. The membranes are manufactured using a synthetic polymer (PVC) and are strengthened with a glass fibre/ polyester mesh. The membrane can be laid directly over PIR insulation (eliminating the need for a secondary deck) or onto a fleece separation layer. Generally held in place with mechanical fasteners (thermally broken tube fixings to eliminate cold bridging) and hot air welded at the seams to give a continuous waterproof seal.
BWP Contracts are trained licensed installers of both:
- Alkorplan single-ply roofing membranes (20 year warranty)
- Armourplan single ply roofing membranes (15 year warranty)
- Simulate zinc or copper roofs with the addition of standing seam detail
- Superior thermoplastic single-ply roofing membranes
- Light smooth surfaces which do not retain dirt and promote good solar reflectivity, low maintenance.
- Pollution resistant
- On average five times lighter that traditional multilayer bituminous system.
- Broad colour range and adaptable to most roof substrates
- Durable- Life expectancy assessed by BBA (British Board of Agreement) as in excess of 35 years.
- Supplied with15 or 20 year warranties depending on membrane.
- Seams are hot air welded thus eliminating the risk associated with naked flames and hot bitumen.
- Self-extinguishing (unlike bituminous felt systems)
- Only approved contractors are allowed to purchase and install Alkorplan or the Armourplan membranes. All operatives must pass an installation course and are continually trained and assessed.